HARARE – At least 92 percent of the exhibition space for the 2017 edition of the Harare Agricultural Show has been taken up by exhibitors, Zimbabwe Agricultural Society (ZAS) chief executive Dr Anxious Masuka said on Tuesday.
He told journalists that preparations for the exhibition were progressing well, buoyed by a successful agricultural season.
“Space uptake is 67 891 square meters from all sectors of the economy, signifying an increasing confidence in the Harare Show as a centre for interaction between business and potential customers. So over 92 percent of the space available has been taken up,” he said.
“Last year, some 73 776 square meters of space were taken up so this year we are set to surpass this figure as we have also added some 2 500 square meters in a new hall, called Convergence Dome, which will be taken up by the Command Agriculture programme, and various hall upgrades especially in Julius Nyerere and Robbie Mupawose Centre,” he said.
Dr Masuka said over 250 000 visitors are expected to come for the annual exhibition.
“This year we expect over 250 000 visitors and our plan is to grow the show so that 500 000 visitors, and potential customers spanning three generations can visit annually,” he said.
This year’s exhibition begins on August 21 and will be held under the theme, “Seed to Food”. – New Ziana